The Dragons' annual month-long pre-season community blitz continued yesterday, with the squad visiting schools and assisting with after-school clinics throughout the St George region.
As part of these school visits students are introduced to the new NRL Junior Non-Contact program, which is a before or after school program giving primary school children (8-12 years old) the opportunity to experience Rugby League in a fun, safe and friendly environment.
This program caters for children of all ability levels with a focus on developing the fundamental skills of Rugby League. Click here for more information.
NRL Development will be operating 16 centres at the following schools in our region during Term 1:
- Memorial Fields, Brighton Le Sands
- Carlton South Public School
- St Thomas More's Catholic Primary School
- Oatley Public School
- Athelstane Public School
- Penshurst West Public School
- Narwee Public School
Illawarra South Coast venues
- Rex Jackson Oval, Helensburgh
- Sid Parrish Park, Figtree
- Ben Fretus Oval, Shellharbour
- Francis Ryan Oval, Sanctuary Point
- Berry Sporting Complex, Berry
- Lyrebird Park, Nowra
- Jamberoo Public School
- Berkeley Park, Berkeley
- Ziems Park Corrimal