Community and High Performance Centre
The St George Illawarra Dragons' Community and High Performance Centre (CHPC) will be an industry-leading, high-performance training and administration facility that will help create a significant legacy for the community.
The CHPC will allow the Dragons' five-plus existing facilities to come together under one roof at the University of Wollongong's (UOW) Innovation Campus and allow for a crosspollination of the club's elite and junior representative pathway programs.
The Dragons' ambition is to create a world class precinct and facility that:
- Delivers high performance, administration and community facilities for elite, pathways and community programs;
- Enhances the partnership with UOW across education, research and innovation;
- Harnesses the power of sport to expand health and wellbeing programs and other initiatives, and;
- Deepens community engagement and connection through partnerships, programs, collaboration and learning.
The Community and High-Performance Centre will include:
- Equitable male and female player facilities
- Aquatic recovery, medical and treatment facilities
- High-performance gym, hydration and sport science areas
- Two full-sized NRL playing fields
- Lecture theatre and meeting rooms
- Community classroom and program spaces including internal 'grandstand'
- Office space for football, community and administration staff
- Communal dining/function room and lounge
- Office space for community partners
- UOW research collaboration space
- Allied Health area
If you have any enquires regarding the CHPC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
The St George Illawarra Dragons are excited to unveil its plans to build a Community and High Performance Centre (CHPC) at the University of Wollongong's (UOW) Innovation Campus.
We are projected to connect to 3,500 additional students and young players at CHPC each year through a variety of programs.