You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Dragons forward Eddie Blacker has been suspended for three games for a dangerous contact charge arising from Friday night's trial loss to the Sharks.

Blacker pleaded guilty to a grade-two dangerous contact to the head/neck on Jack Williams, which resulted in the Sharks half being hospitalised with nerve damage to his throat.

Williams was discharged from hospital on Monday and watched Cronulla's training session on Tuesday morning, having been placed in an induced coma as a precautionary measure for a few hours due to breathing difficulties.

Blacker collected Williams with a forearm to the throat as he ran into the defence from a kick-off.

The Sharks half continued to play for a few minutes before coming from the field and was later taken to hospital.

Williams will continue to undergo further tests for suspected nerve damage to his throat but is said to be in good spirits.

Due to a prior offence in the past two years, Blacker could not get a reduction from the three-week ban even with an early guilty plea. He risked a four-game ban had he contested the charge at the judiciary and lost.

Match Highlights: Sharks v Dragons

The 21-year-old joined St George Illawarra in 2019 from the Broncos and made his NRL debut in round 20 last season off the bench against Melbourne.

Dragons teammate Jayden Sullivan pleaded guilty to a dangerous throw on Cronulla's Gabe Hamlin and escaped suspension.

And Shark Kayleb Milne took an early guilty plea for a similar tackle on Dragons veteran Tariq Sims and will not miss any matches.

Acknowledgement of Country

St George Illawarra Dragons respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples, where our games are played, our programs are conducted and in the communities we support.

Major Partner

Apparel Partners

Icon Partners

View All Partners