The Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council is inviting artists from within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community to become a key part of the 2020 Indigenous All Stars celebration by submitting a painting design for consideration to be incorporated within the 2020 Indigenous All Stars jersey and merchandise.
- Submissions are to tell the story of the Rugby League All Stars event, the teams participating and most importantly recognise and celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture within the Rugby League community
- It is essential that designs submitted represent all players of both the Men’s & Women’s Indigenous All Stars team
- Design must also capture the spirit and passion of the Indigenous All Stars teams
- All designs must be authentic and original work of the artist submitting the design and must not infringe on the rights of any other party. Submitting artist must be the sole owner of the copyright in the submitted design and indemnifies the Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) in relation to any claims made by third parties regarding the submitted design. Should there be a dispute in relation to the copyright in the submitted design, the Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council reserves the right to request further information from the artist to determine copyright ownership
- Artist to provide relevant sketches, research and brief background on design inspiration and story at the time of design submission
- Design base colour for the painting must be able to be applied to either a light or a dark jersey base.
- Design is to be submitted as an all over print landscape design with artist also supplying examples of the design applied onto a jersey
- Consideration is to be given to the Indigenous All Stars logo placement in addition to team sponsors which are required to be applied to the jerseys.
- Ideally the Indigenous All Stars logos (Men or Women) and submitted design should complement each other
Terms of submission
- All artwork submissions (including design and relevant background information) must be submitted by 5pm Friday 7th June 2019 (AEST). Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Final artwork must be supplied in high resolution pdf or eps file and supplied in a ready to use format – please note that entries not supplied in this format will not be considered.
All submissions are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and are to contain the following information:
- Design for Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council consideration
- Relevant sketches, research and background on design inspiration and story
- Artist full name, Business trading name (if applicable), email and mobile number.
The artist/s acknowledges and agrees that they will enter into an exclusive contractual arrangement with the ARLC for the commercial exploitation of the successful design (including in respect of intellectual property rights in the successful design) and will execute all agreements necessary to affect that arrangement.
The successful artist/s acknowledges and agrees that the winning design will be used across selected products within the 2020 Indigenous All Stars Merchandise program and fee of $3,000 will be awarded for each of the winning designs (1 x Men’s and 1 x Women’s).
Artist/s will not receive any further royalty payments based on the sale of any products featuring the submitted designs.
The successful artist/s also acknowledges and agrees that the winning design will be used across selected products and the artwork files may need to be modified for application purposes.
Artist/s accepts and acknowledges that they may be required to participate in selected media commitments relating to the use of final artwork.
Submissions will be accepted from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only.
Only one design will be selected for application to each of the Men’s and Women’s 2020 Indigenous All Stars ranges.
Process of selection:
Representatives from the Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council will review all submissions and will select the winning designs based on relevance to the design brief.
Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council decision will be final regarding winning submissions and in any event will not be justiciable or capable of review.
Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council reserves the right to commission an independent artist of their choice should there be no winning designs selected or the submitted designs be deemed not appropriate for application to the 2020 Indigenous All Stars range.
Subject to the above conditions, the successful artist will be confirmed no later than 5pm Friday 14th June 2019 and will be notified by phone.