Holden Women's State of Origin was officially launched today, with emerging players joining current stars to mark the occasion.
This year's rivalry will be played on Friday 21 June at North Sydney Oval, and will feature a double-header, with the next generation of Queensland and New South Wales players taking the field in an under 18s match, before the two Origin sides.
NRL General Manager of the women's elite game, Tiffany Slater said there was plenty of feeling building between the two teams, with just under a month until play.
"This is one of our biggest occasions and just like the men's Origin, there's a rivalry without rival when our players take the field," Ms Slater said.
"The atmosphere at North Sydney Oval for Origin last year was fantastic and this year, fans will have the opportunity to see our pathways in action – with our aspiring Queensland and New South Wales under 18s playing prior to our Origin stars."
New South Wales Women's Origin coach, Andrew Patmore said this year's event will raise the bar on the already high standard displayed in the inaugural women's State of Origin last year.
"The skill and fitness level of the players has gone to another level and as a result the style of play is continuing to improve," Mr Patmore said.
"There are a whole range of skills that have developed and made the game even more attractive. Their general fitness, and how tough they are, is amazing to watch."
Patmore said it was also exciting for the Under 18s women's match to be added to the State of Origin program this year.
"Three years ago there was no elite girls' rugby league competition for this age group," he said.
"There has been a massive improvement in that time and it has broadened the base of quality players to choose from for the women's premiership and Origin in general."
Harvey Norman Queensland Maroons coach, Jason Hetherington said he was looking forward to another epic contest.
"Last year's match was an incredible spectacle that inspired many sports fans across the country," Mr Hetherington said.
"While we were disappointed not to get the win, the performance has provided a great platform for us moving forward.
"Our players have come a long way in a short space of time; and I expect to see even more improvement following the work they've already put in through our club competitions and QRL development programs.
"It really is an exciting time to be involved in women's rugby league, particularly with the introduction of the Under 18s match between the two states."
Holden Women's State of Origin tickets are available at www.nrl.com/tickets with pre-purchased adult tickets $10 and those under 15 years of age, free.
The 2019 Holden Women's State of Origin is proudly supported by naming sponsor, Holden, together with the New South Wales Government, via its tourism and major events arm, Destination New South Wales.