Dragons Involved In Aquathon
The St George Illawarra Dragons will hit the water to help celebrate the annual Australia Day Aquathon at Wollongong Harbour on Australia Day!
Former Dragons player Matt Cooper, who will serve as the 2014 Wollongong City Australia Day Ambassador, will join a contingent of Dragons NYC players to help celebrate Australia’s largest community “swim and run” and charity walk event, now in its 15th year.
The yearly event is all about promoting the themes of fun, fitness, participation and charity support with Wollongong Harbour providing the perfect backdrop for the day.
Cooper will serve as the guest Kidz Aquafun starter while a contingent of the Dragons NYC team will participate in the Short Aqua team event and are expected to be joined by hundreds of families, children and seniors!
Furthermore, the Dragons will also be housing a its very own Dragons marquee on the day with all participants in the Kidz Aquafun receiving a special Dragons pack full of Red V goodies!
* Crowd favourite, safe and over 400 kids! All age fun. Start 9.00am
* All participants will receive a Dragons pack on the day at the Dragons marquee
* Individual and tag team (ages U10’s and 10-12’s)
* Swim (6-9’s) 140m and 200m for 10-12’s + 2k run all kids and parents can join in and follow
* 900m swim + 7km Run. Start 8am
* All standard, individual and tag team and Ages 14y’s+
* Two lap swim in harbour, than run fairy meadow SLSC via puckies and return
* 400m swim + 3km Run. Start 9.30am
* Individual and Tag Team, ages 12+
* One lap harbour swim than 1.5km out (Lagoon restaurant) and return run
Australia Day Charity Walk
* Walk, strokk or roll! Start 10.00am
* 3.5km walk along spectacular coastal harbour and blue mile for Anglicare