St George Illawarra front-rower Paul Vaughan suffered a foot injury at training on Tuesday afternoon, and has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership season.
"Paul suffered a season-ending injury to his foot in a unfortunate incident at training," Dragons Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth said.
"Paul's foot injury occurred on the opposite leg to the one he previously suffered against the New Zealand Warriors in Round 21."
Vaughan said he was gutted to be ruled out for the remainder of the season.
"I'm devastated that my season has come to an end so suddenly today," he said.
"However, I'll continue to support the boys for the rest of the year, and I look forward to coming back bigger and better in 2019."
Vaughan was earlier today named in the reserves to make a potential return from his earlier syndesmosis injury against the Bulldogs this weekend.
His replacement is the 21-man squad is yet to be determined.
Updated NRL squad for Round 24 v Bulldogs:
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jason Nightingale – sponsored by SMAI
6. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Floormania
10. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell (c) – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Zac Lomax
19. Jai Field
21. Jacob Host