St George Illawarra Dragons halfback Ben Hunt has been named to play for Queensland ahead of State of Origin I on Wednesday, June 6 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Hunt will start in the No. 7 jumper following the retirements of Cooper Cronk and Johnathan Thurston, and will be joined by Melbourne Storm's Cameron Munster in the halves.
The 28-year-old has only featured once previously for the Maroons, in last year's series decider from the bench.
Brisbane's Andrew McCullough, Gold Coast's Jai Arrow and Melbourne's Felise Kaufusi have all been named to make their respective State of Origin debuts following Tuesday morning's announcement.
Queensland State of Origin I team:
1. Billy SLATER - Melbourne Storm
2. Valentine HOLMES - Cronulla Sharks
3. Greg INGLIS (c) - South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Will CHAMBERS - Melbourne Storm
5. Dane GAGAI - South Sydney Rabbitohs
6. Cameron MUNSTER - Melbourne Storm
7. Ben HUNT - St George Illawarra Dragons
8. Dylan NAPA - Sydney Roosters
9. Andrew McCULLOUGH - Brisbane Broncos
10. Jarrod WALLACE - Gold Coast Titans
11. Gavin COOPER - North Queensland Cowboys
12. Felise KAUFUSI - Melbourne Storm
13. Josh McGUIRE - Brisbane Broncos
14. Michael MORGAN - North Queensland Cowboys
15. Josh PAPALII - Canberra Raiders
16. Coen HESS - North Queensland Cowboys
17. Jai ARROW - Gold Coast Titans