Player Request Guidelines
We recommend that your event does not focus purely on the anticipation of a player appearance, instead the player appearance should be approached as an added 'bonus' to your event or program.
All requests should be received six weeks prior to the event and in writing and/or email (phone requests will not be accepted) on company letterhead and mailed to:
St George Illawarra Dragons
Player Appearance Co-ordinator
Locked Bag 1500
Ramsgate NSW 2217
Information required within the request is as follows:
- Event name
- Event date/time/place
- Event description
- Purpose of the event
- Is this appearance for charity? If so, which charity?
- Requirements of players
- Estimated travel time from Wollongong
- Contact details/name/phone/email
- Red V Member number (if applicable)
Please note players are also subject to availability taking into consideration the following factors:
- Players are not available for appearances on match day
- Players are not available for appearances two days prior to a match
- Players are not available for appearances during the off season (from the date of their final game to the start of pre-season training)
- Players are not available for appearances during the NRL finals
- Players are not available for appearances during the teams bye weekends
Please note that unfortunately the club and the Dragons player appearance coordinator cannot accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness/change of training schedules.
We thank you for your interest in having a Dragons player appear at your event/program and we appreciate your continued support of the St George Illawarra Dragons.