What is the Dragons Foundation?
The Dragons Foundation was established in partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation to ensure the sustained success of St George Illawarra Dragons.
By furthering our engagement with our past as well as establishing new and exciting projects, this foundation is a new chapter for St George Illawarra Dragons and a further indication of the club's commitment to its mission of having a positive impact on people's lives within our community.
The Dragons Foundation is the club's philanthropic arm and will enable the club's current strategies and activities in relation to community and elite development.
The Dragons Foundation is fully funded by our generous donors and benefactors. This foundation gives our loyal members, fans and supporters a chance to directly contribute to the club and play a significant role in the club's success.
The foundation sets out to make the St George Illawarra Dragons the benchmark sporting club in Australia in the areas of community engagement and elite development
Dragons Community programs
- Support programs that encourage people, especially youth, to make positive choices around health and wellbeing, education and other social issues
- Promote rugby league as a means of delivering health benefits and promoting positive social interaction
- Use our profile and the strength of our brand to empower in making positive change
- Utilising the profile and the strength of the Dragons brand to assist selected local charities and association.
- The elite junior pathways project provides a pathway to promote the development of both male and female junior teams to participate in Rugby League state programs. The program will engage junior players from the age of 13 to 18 to assist with the development of welfare and skills education, and opportunities to compete in Rugby League initiatives.
- The high performance program has been established and designed to assist with promoting junior player welfare and wellbeing, through the development and tracking of injury and performance, specialist analytics review and monitoring of performance and recovery outcomes.
- Located within the communities of Kogarah and Wollongong, the Dragons develop and monitor more than 150 male and female athletes at all times, across all levels of the sport. The use of performance equipment plays an integral role in supporting the performance and welfare of players and requires constant improvement and updating with advances in sport science and technology. This program is essential in assisting performance staff to ensure that the players retain peak performance levels within all competitions