Donations Policy 2018
St George Illawarra Dragons 2018 donations policy
The Dragons receive hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance each season.
Our focus is on supporting our nominated charities for 2018 as well as those organisations or individuals that complement our Dragons Community Program.
In 2018 priority will be given to our partners recognised through the charity pillar of our Dragons Community program namely:
- St George Foundation
- St George Hospital
- Wollongong Hospital
- Joanne Mackay Breast Cancer Foundation (JMBCF)
- Illawarra Health and Medical Research Foundation (IHMRF)
- St George Health and Medical Research Foundation
- Nominated charities through Bevelsie Family Trust
Further, we will be supporting:
- Junior RL clubs in our region
- Schools in our region, who support Dragons Community programs
In addition, we will supporting a group of Secondary Partners namely:
- Heart Foundation
- Emergency Services, through the Emergency Services Cup: NRL game v Melbourne
- Southern Youth and Family Services
- The Nicole Fitzsimmons Foundation
- The Gasnier Foundation
- Men of League
- Ronald McDonald House
- Pillars of Strength
- Camp Quality (Illawarra)
- Alex McKinnon Foundation, through the Alex McKinnon Cup – NRL game v Newcastle Knights
- Run Wollongong (Wollongong Hospital Children's Ward)
- Disability Service Providers
- Legacy/RSL, through the Anzac Day Cup – NRL game v Sydney Roosters
All applications for donations need to meet the following criteria before being considered:
- Applications need to be submitted by our online request process at least eight (8) weeks prior to the requested date
- Applications must be on the letterhead of the organisation and contain certification as to the authenticity of the fundraising activity
- Schools must provide documentation as to their support for rugby league
- Individuals must provide documentation as to their support for rugby league
The Dragons receive many applications for assistance in regard to people who have fallen on hard times, whilst the Dragons will try to assist, the relationship of the individuals with rugby league and the Dragons need to be a consideration when assessing the application.
The following information must be included in the application if fundraising via an event is being sought:
- What the organisation does for the community
- Date, time and location
- For what raised funds will be used
Applications being submitted based on the above requirements should note the following:
- All applications will be responded to in writing within six (6) weeks
- Donations are limited to one (1) per organisation per year (except Dragons Community charities).
- Absolutely no items should be sent to the Dragons' offices for signing without prior approval.
- The Dragons will require feedback relating to any successful donation request where possible and appropriate
It should be noted the Dragons retain the right to determine the appropriate donation.
To apply online please visit: www.dragonscommunity.com/donations/donationrequest.asp